Be Dance reserves the right to add or cancel days based on registration. This event starts on May 6th.
MAY 6-8, 2022
50 STONE ROAD WEST GUELPH ONTARIO N1G 0A9
What you should know when you get there…
FOOD & DRINK: Bar Mason Restaurant (Formerly known as “Fifty West”) conveniently located in hotel lobby. Mother’s Day brunch available in the hotel restaurant. Call ahead for reservations.
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out daily if needed. Stage door access will be provided for one teacher rep ONLY 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
MUSIC: Music is to be handed in to Be Dance staff no less than an hour prior to show time on the first day of competition. Your music MUST be on a USB key (properly labelled with studio name). All songs must be properly titled and in alphabetical order. Please be sure to have IPod/IPad/laptop on hand for back up use if needed. NOTE: Be Dance competition no longer runs any events off of CD player. Be Dance is not responsible for any music that skips during a performance or if the wrong edited version is played.
VENUE ACCESS: Ballroom doors will open one hour prior to show time each morning. Venue Parking is FREE. (Stay tuned for updates re: new procedures related to venue access).
Hotel: Delta Hotel and Conference Centre Guelph
- Be Dance Block Room rates – $149CAD-$164CAD per night
- Reservations may be cancelled with no charge until April 8, 2022. A non-refundable deposit of one night room and tax will be collected following this date.
- Reservations may be modified with no charge until April 22, 2022. A non-refundable deposit for the remainder of your stay will be collected following this date
Book your group rate for Be Dance Competition 2022
EVENT UPDATE As of March 21, 2022. Updates subject to change in the days/weeks leading up to the competition date. Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your studio director.
- Mask mandates have been lifted in the Province as of March 21, 2022. Both the venue and Be Dance will not be enforcing the use of masks during the event. It is the attendees’ choice whether or not to wear a mask during the show. Attendees are expected to follow the Federal guidelines re: masking after International travel.
PROOF OF VACCINATION QR CODE:
- The Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre will be following all of the most up-to-date guidelines and restrictions imposed by provincial and local governments. As per the most recent announcement on March 1st, proof of vaccination requirements have been lifted. The Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre is currently not requiring attendees 12 years and older to show proof of vaccination. Should the government and/or venue policies change, your studio director will be notified.
- Parents are not permitted in rehearsal room or backstage.
- Parents with children 12 years of age or older are not permitted in change rooms. The producers of Be Dance understand that there may be instances where it is absolutely necessary for a parent to enter the dressing room to assist their child (12 years and older).
- Parents with children 11 years of age or younger ARE permitted in the change rooms.
- Teachers & Studio Directors have access to all areas of the competition.
- Be Dance asks that each performer limits the number of spectators that they invite to the live show. We suggest keeping audience members to household members (parents/siblings) if possible. The entire event will be live streamed from our website homepage for grandparents, extended family, friends, neighbours, etc. to enjoy the show from the comfort of their home (should they choose to do so). Note: awards presentations will also be streamed.