Be Dance reserves the right to add or cancel days based on registration.
March 31-April 2, 2023
EMBASSY GRAND CONVENTION CENTRE
8700 GORE ROAD BRAMPTON ON
What you should know when you get there…
EVENT UPDATES: Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your studio director.
- The organizers of Be Dance recommend that dancers are in costume with hair and makeup done for their first performance upon arrival. Arriving ready will allow for more usable space in change rooms and less congestion.
- The organizers of Be Dance and venue representatives recommend that dancers do not use rac’n rolls as they take up usable space.
- The organizers of Be Dance recommend parents/guardians of dancers 12 years of age or older refrain from entering the change rooms unless absolutely necessary.
- Show programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise booth in the main lobby.
- Electronic programs will not be available.
- All performances and awards ceremonies will be live streamed from the Be Dance website homepage.
DOORS OPEN AND DAILY START TIMES:
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out daily if needed. Backstage access will be provided 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
- You can submit your music directly through your Computition account.
- Studio owners only: Please sign-in to your Computition dashboard where you will see the option to Upload Music Files.
- Accepted Music Formats: .wav, .mp3, .m4a, or .mp4
- Non Compatible Media Formats: .mov and .qt (QuickTime music files)
- We ask that all Studio Directors have backup copies on hand at the event.
- A USB, iPod, iPad, laptop or cellphone can be used for backup music ONLY.
- Provide Adapters (if needed).
NOTE: Teachers are responsible to play backup music. We ask that teachers are present at the music table to give any special cues. We cannot guarantee that a pitch control change can be precisely made. It is best to pre-pitch all music to avoid technical issues.
VENUE ACCESS: Doors will open one hour prior to show time each morning. Venue Parking is FREE.
HOST HOTEL: Hampton Inn Brampton/Toronto 8710 Gore Road Brampton ON. L6P 0B1
Book a room: Call the hotel directly at 905-488-4888 or call central reservation line at 1-877-461-1402.
Room Rates: $145.00CAD per night
Check In Time: 3:00 pm. Check Out Time: 11:00 am
Hotel Features and Service:
- Complimentary Hot Deluxe Breakfast included daily from 6:00am-10:00am (based on public health approval)
- Complimentary Wireless high-speed Internet throughout the hotel
- Complimentary 24 hour Coffee /Tea Bar available in lobby (based on public health approval)
- Complimentary Parking
- Business Centre 24 hours
- Use of recreation facilities included State of the Art Fitness Centre and our Indoor Bromine Swimming Pool
- Collect Hilton Honors hotel guest reward program
- All rooms are equipped with microwave and refrigerators, iron/iron boards and hairdryers
- Individual reservation can be cancel up to 7 days prior to arrival date with no penalty. AFTER 7 days, one night R/T will be charged for cancellation fee
- Two (2) nights minimum stay with a Cutoff date TBD once room block opens.
FOOD & DRINK:
For your convenience, venue concession stands with food, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase. The Embassy Grand shares a parking lot with a Tim Horton’s (walking distance). There are also several food and drink options located driving distance from the event space.
RECOMMENDED FAMILY DINING:
- Fionn MacCool’s Vaughan 6110 Hwy 7 Vaughan ON L4H 0R2 (905) 264-2922 (10 min drive from Convention Centre).
- The Keg Steakhouse Vaughan 6210 hwy 7 Vaughan ON L4H 4G3 (905) 264-0547 (10 min drive from Convention Centre)