Be U: Varsity Challenge MARCH 17-19, 2023 – An exclusive event for College and University Dance Teams.
BE DANCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD OR CANCEL DAYS BASED ON REGISTRATION.
March 17-19, 2023
MISSISSAUGA LIVING ARTS CENTRE – HAMMERSON HALL
4141 LIVING ARTS DRIVE MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO L5B 4B8
What you should know when you get there…
EVENT UPDATES: Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your team captain.
- The organizers of Be Dance recommend that dancers are in costume with hair and makeup done for their first performance upon arrival. Arriving ready will allow for more usable space in change rooms and less congestion.
- The organizers of Be Dance and venue representatives recommend that dancers do not use rac’n rolls as they take up usable space.
- The organizers of Be Dance insist that the change rooms remain for dancer use only.
- Show programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise booth in the main lobby.
- Electronic programs will not be available.
- All performances and awards ceremonies will be live streamed from the Be Dance website homepage.
- Spectators will be able to observe all awards ceremonies live in a designated area of the audience.
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out daily if needed. Backstage access will be provided 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
- You can submit your music directly through your Computition account.
- Team Captains only: Please sign-in to your Computition dashboard where you will see the option to Upload Music Files.
- Accepted Music Formats: .wav, .mp3, .m4a, or .mp4
- Non Compatible Media Formats: .mov and .qt (QuickTime music files)
- We ask that all Team Captains have backup copies on hand at the event. Preferably a USB with all team music.
- A USB, iPod, iPad, laptop or cellphone can be used for backup music ONLY.
- Provide Adapters (if needed).
NOTE: A team rep is responsible for play backup music. We ask that a team rep is present at the music table to give any special cues. We cannot guarantee that a pitch control change can be precisely made. It is best to pre-pitch all music to avoid technical issues.
VENUE ACCESS: Doors to change rooms will open one hour prior to show time each morning. Venue Parking is FREE on weekends.
Daily start times:
Friday start time – 12:00pm. Doors open at 11:00am.
Saturday start time – 7:30am. Doors open at 6:30am.
Sunday start time – 7:30am. Doors open at 6:30am.
Important Venue Rules/Reminders:
- Bare feet are never permitted at any time in public areas.
- Tap shoes should be worn on stage and in designated backstage areas only.
- All dancing is restricted to the stage and rehearsal area only. Dancing is not permitted in the loading dock or in any hallways in the building.
- Dancers must wear full-soled footwear in the Atrium and theatre auditorium.
- Facility spaces are to be left clean following any event, by all users.
- Rack & Roll bags and other large luggage/bags must be kept against the walls.
- LAC is not responsible for any personal belongings
- Loading Dock entrance at Living Arts Drive is for facility staff and authorized event use for loading and unloading only.
- All rehearsal activity must be kept to the designated rehearsal area. This includes makeup application and removal, costume changing and warming up. The loading dock is not a rehearsal area.
Please continue to check our website regularly for event details.
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga
100 Traders Boulevard Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 2H7, Canada
BOOK ONLINE: https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/deeplink/?ctyhocn=YYZMSGI&groupCode=BDM&arrivaldate=2023-03-17&departuredate=2023-03-19&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
*Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly.
Group Name: Be Dance – Mississauga
Arrival Date: 3/17/2023
Departure Date: 3/19/2023
Reservation Cut-off Date: 2/15/2023
BOOK BY PHONE: Hilton Reservations toll-free number at 1-800-HILTONS, mention the Be Dance – Mississauga Group Block at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga or the unique code BDM to receive the group rate.
HOLIDAY INN MISSISSAUGA TORONTO WEST
100 Britannia Road EastMississauga, ON1-905-8905700
Group name: Be Dance Competition.
Group Code: BDC
Group Rate: $170 per night (EXCLUDES TAXES AND FEES)
Group rate expires February 15, 2023.
Cancelation: Cancelations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival or one night will automatically be charged.