Be Dance reserves the right to add or cancel days based on registration.
April 28-30, 2023
1235 DEERHURST RD, HUNTSVILLE ON. P1H 2E8
What you should know when you get there…
EVENT UPDATES: Please continue to check our website for updates and/or contact your studio director.
- The organizers of Be Dance recommend that dancers are in costume with hair and makeup done for their first performance upon arrival. Arriving ready will allow for more usable space in change rooms and less congestion.
- The organizers of Be Dance and venue representatives recommend that dancers do not use rac’n rolls as they take up usable space.
- The organizers of Be Dance recommend parents/guardians of dancers 12 years of age or older refrain from entering the change rooms unless absolutely necessary.
- Show programs will be available for purchase at the merchandise booth in the main lobby.
- Electronic programs will not be available.
- All performances and awards ceremonies will be live streamed from the Be Dance website homepage.
PROPS: We cannot guarantee that storage space will be provided for props. Please be prepared to load props in and out daily if needed. Backstage access will be provided 1 hour prior to show times for prop arrival.
- You can submit your music directly through your Computition account.
- Studio owners only: Please sign-in to your Computition dashboard where you will see the option to Upload Music Files.
- Accepted Music Formats: .wav, .mp3, .m4a, or .mp4
- Non Compatible Media Formats: .mov and .qt (QuickTime music files)
- We ask that all Studio Directors have backup copies on hand at the event.
- A USB, iPod, iPad, laptop or cellphone can be used for backup music ONLY.
- Provide Adapters (if needed).
NOTE: Teachers are responsible to play backup music. We ask that teachers are present at the music table to give any special cues. We cannot guarantee that a pitch control change can be precisely made. It is best to pre-pitch all music to avoid technical issues.
FOOD & DRINK: Hotel restaurant “Maple Pub” provides a great lunch and dinner dining (outdoor patio) and take out option for hotel guests. Conveniently located one floor below Legacy Hall where the competition is held. Other great dining options include Eclipse restaurant located in the main pavilion building.
VENUE ACCESS: Doors to change rooms will open one hour prior to show time each morning. Venue Parking is free.
DEERHURST RESORT HUNTSVILLE
1235 Deerhurst Drive Huntsville Ontario P1H 2E8
Toll Free: 1.800.461.4393
2023 room block is now open. To book a room at the Be Dance group rate please call 1-800-461-4393. The call centre is open daily from 8am to 8pm.
NOTE: The competition is located in Legacy Hall within the Pavilion.